In order to contribute source code to the project, we ask our developers to share their copyright with JumpMind as the project's sponsoring company. You retain your rights and ownership to the contribution. By sharing, you allow JumpMind to be a co-owner who can distribute under a chosen license and defend the intellectual property should a legal dispute arise.
These terms apply to your contribution of materials to a product or project owned or managed by us ('project'), and set out the intellectual property rights you grant to us (JumpMind, Inc.) in the contributed materials. If this contribution is on behalf of a company, the term 'you' will also mean the company you identify below. If you agree to be bound by these terms, fill in the information requested below and provide your signature. Read this agreement carefully before signing.
1. The term 'contribution' means any source code, object code, patch, tool, sample, graphic, specification, manual, documentation, or any other material posted or submitted by you to a project.
2. With respect to any worldwide copyrights, or copyright applications and registrations, in your contribution:
3. With respect to any patents you own, or that you can license without payment to any third party, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, no-charge, royalty-free license to:
4. Except as set out above, you keep all right, title, and interest in your contribution. The rights that you grant to us under these terms are effective on the date you first submitted a contribution to us, even if your submission took place before the date you sign these terms. Any contribution we make available under any license will also be made available under a suitable FSF (Free Software Foundation) or OSI (Open Source Initiative) approved license.
5. With respect to your contribution, you represent that:
6. These terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and applicable U.S. Federal law. Any choice of law rules will not apply.
JumpMind Contributor License Agreement version 1.0 This document is based on Sun Contributor Agreement version 1.5 and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/